Dystopian Scenario 2014

For students in 2014…

An average private school, undergraduate college education costs $42,419, (room and board included)

An average public university for undergraduate students in their home state coss $18,943 (room and board included)

An average public university for undergraduate students out of state costs $32, 762 (room and board included)

An average public two year school for in-state students costs $11,052.

(Source: collegeboard.org)

The average student loan debt is $33,000 (Source: Wall Street Journal)

70% of students in 2014 are leaving school with student debt, so around 30% can afford an education without loans. (Source: Wall Street Journal)

 

Unemployment rate is 8.5 percent (compared with 5.5 percent in 2007)  and the underemployment rate is 16.8 percent (compared with 9.6 percent in 2007)  for young college graduates as of May 2014 (Source: Economic Policy Institute)

76.4 percent of US college faculty are adjunct professors, meaning they’re employed on a temporary basis (Source: The Atlantic)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s