For students in 2014…
- The average tuition and fees for the 2013–2014 school year at private colleges was $30,094.
- In state public colleges averaged to about $8,893, and out-of-state public universities averaged to about $22,203.
- The average cost for room and board averaged to about $9,500 at four-year public schools and $10,830 at private schools.
- Average cost of books is about $1,200 per year.
- The average student loan debt is $25,000 per student.
- 90% of college students have to live with their parents after graduation.
- From Occidental College, average debt of graduates in 2013 was $32,363, which is about 62% of graduates.
- 53.6% of college graduates remain unemployed until they are at least 25.
- In 2012, full time professors at Occidental College made about $118,300 per year while associate professors made about $82,900, and assistant professors made about $64,600.
- In 2012, 71% of all students graduating from four-year colleges had student loan debt (66% of graduates from public colleges had student loans, and 75% of graduates from private nonprofit colleges had student loans).